Prepare Ye The Way

5.20.2006

Returning Home

Summer.

A season that instigates a nostalgia that I know will only increase throughout my lifetime.

Consistently a time when I relaxed, strengthened friendships, been blessed by new ones, grew through new experiences, enjoyed the individual freedom, reflected on the last year, sought out what needed to change for the next, and fell immensely more in love for my Lord.

As of today, I have been home 1 week. Jennifer got to Kanakuk yesterday and most all of the brothers and sisters have arrived at their ministries for the summer. From Marble Falls, TX to Branson, MS, friends have given months of their lives to love on kids and other counselors as they share the light of Christ at summer camps. Others are sharing the Gospel in their internships from Austin to Washington D.C. to London. Some, like me, have returned home – often unexpectedly – to love on their families, old friends, and recuperate in a place often disregarded but always encouraging.

So, I have come back to Katy. For the first time in over 10 years, I will not be leaving this town for more than 2 weeks at all. At my parents’ request I have come home to old friendships, great reminiscences, tough memories, bitter struggles, my incredible family, and great laughs. But I am not the same man I was last summer or any summer before it. I have confidence in my King that He has made me ready for these few months and given me new hope, new abilities, and new character to meet the coming trials and joys… and bring glory to His name.

I have returned to love and let Love. I have returned to be renewed by Him and be rested in Him. I have returned to share Him with others. I have returned to have others share Him with me.

I have returned for Him.

Praise God for that. So, here’s to a great summer. I look forward to it.

2 Commentary:

  • May God bless your summer at home, trust me, in three years you'll wish you could spend every summer there.

    By Blogger Matt Foster, at 12:28 AM  

  • best regards, nice info »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home