Prepare Ye The Way

1.30.2006

Revive Us, Oh Lord

I have sat down at least 5 times to write this blog and each time to no avail. The swelling emotions in my heart never unfurl in audible words. There are a million thoughts I wish I could write about; a million causes for tearful prayer. My heart groans, yet words are hard to come by.

Father, speak through me. Grab hold of my hands and write Your truth. Express that which You make encumber my soul. All glory to You.


How easily the Enemy blinds our eyes. How effortlessly Satan distracts our intent. How simply the Deceiver misplaces our passion. How well the Prince of this world makes our stomachs hungry for that which does not satisfy.

I am tired of the attitude that often reigns in my heart. I am tired of seeking what does not fill and paying for what kills my love.

My heart is broken over the condition of the Church in America… particularly that of College Station. Oh how easy it is to miss the point completely!

I am not attempting to mimic the lament of pastors and lay ministers. I do not intend to sound like I am taking a stand. But I weep over that which I often see both inside and outside my heart.

I am as much or greater a sinner than anyone else. I am the first to let my pride bark down the truth that should lead my life. But, Church, look at our condition! Look at all of this! Look at what is taking place! See what the Enemy is doing!

Weeds tie our hands and keep us from loving our God! On one side we have believers that feel their sole duty in the Body is to call out their siblings! On the other side we have Christians basking in sin! People in this city find the Way to be trendy, while others have bought a false doctrine that certain sinning is actually trendy methodology to share Him. Some live without ever engaging the world around them. Many choose the road of complacency and their brothers and sisters offer no hand of help! We have attempted to simplify God and our pursuit of Him into infants’ terms and live life by the route of recommended “equations.” Men and women claim to love God as long as they make sure to do a quite time.

And all the while, everyone yells at each other claiming their path to be the best!

Woe is we! Woe is we who have chosen to rewrite the Call! Woe who get drunk on this world’s wine: the idolatry, the gluttony, the complacency, the condemnatory, the disunity, the prideful ness, the trends, the “equations” for success, and the pitiful pursuit of the One who desires our love!

And what of love, Church? What of the very root of all that we are to be about?

What of your Father? When did you last love on Him?

What of your neighbor? When did you last love on them?

Let the Word be our guide. Let our motives be pure. Let us all know that we will never have every answer and the most important thing we can do, above all else, is to love God and love our neighbor. It is on those two commands the Law is hinged. As we love God, let us show our faith in action. As we love our neighbor, let us show our faith in action. Never for our glory, only for His.

Revival, Lord, that is what I ask for, both within and without me. Sin is not okay. Perfection is not what you require. But, Daddy, I pray that I am obsessed with You. And as I love You, let me get better and better at that love.

Love. Faith. Relationship. Growth. Challenge. Communication. Purpose. Passion. Ministry. Unity. Fire. Battle.


Love.

May this attitude reign in Your Body's heart.

2 Commentary:

  • It's a like a Pauline letter without the absurdly long sentences... great. Preach brother, preach.

    By Blogger Matt Foster, at 1:06 PM  

  • praise the Lord, derek for your heart! God is so good.. and He is alive among us. Thats so exciting! Thanks for the encouragement always...:)

    By Blogger jenn, at 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home