Prepare Ye The Way

1.19.2006

The Genesis

Jim Elliot once wrote, "What is written in these pages I suppose will someday be read by others than myself. For this reason I cannot hope to be absolutely honest in what is herein recorded, for the hypocrisy of this shamming heart will ever be putting on a front and dares not to have written what is actually found in its abysmal depths. Yet, I pray, Lord, that You will make these notations to be as nearly true to fact as is possible so that I may know my own heart and be able to definitely pray regarding my gross, though often unviewed, inconsistencies."

Father, I pray the same. May my words be of honesty.

Weblogs. I am not one to give in to cultural trends and be driven by winds of deceptive popularity, or at least I tell myself so. I figure that is why I have not yet joined. But, after considering the potential of putting thoughts and prayers to "paper" and the coaxing of two amazing friends, my own blog begins.
So, herein will lie my ramblings, my commentary, my excitements, my passions, a few tears… and a hopeful view of my heart. I pray that the Lord will be glorified by it in every way.

0 Commentary:

Post a Comment

<< Home