Prepare Ye The Way

1.23.2006

The Continental Roommates




Collegeiate life brings with it countless unique experiences. Amongst those is the paradoxial living situation that every thrifty student knows: roommates. In my case, the Lord has shown grace far beyond what I could have ever hoped for and given me the opportunity to live life with three incredible brothers.

Spencer, Daniel, and Nick (from left to right) are my family, my supporters, my prayer warriors, my fathers, my mothers, my comedy, my encouragement, my heroes, and some of the best of friends. Each has been given individual talents that complement another's weaknesses. As mentioned in a previous post, Spencer taught me the power of art and God's glory in Creation. In the same way, Nick and Dan have opened my eyes to so many things and impressed their wisdom on my life. All glory to our God, for it is He who unites us.

Our house is known to many as the Continental (a name Spencer came up with and was gladly accepted by all). We had the great chance to spend months praying over this home: asking God to provide it and then asking Him to fill it with Himself. We prayed that our house would overflow with His presenece and be welcoming to all who enter. We desired, and still desire, all visitors to feel His love... whether they recognize it or not.


And God has honored our requests. This house has become a sanctuary for all, a place of peace and joy to everyone. Praise Him in the highest! Praise Him for this family here in College Station! Praise Him for brothers.

1 Commentary:

  • I have reached the age where I am now one of those older men who share stories and relish on their collegiate days. Our house was a complicated mix of majors, ethnicities, social organizations and socio-economic backgrounds. We called it "The Melting Pot". Every wednesday night we had "Praise on the Pot". There are stories upon stories of ministry and pranks and everything in between, but by far, the most meaningful aspect of the Melting is the people who lived there. My brothers.

    A wise man once told me "Friends are like the buttons on an elevator; they'll either take you up or take you down." I hated that saying... but it was true. Friends are the secret to college, they make it or break it. There will be times when those same brothers don't act like it, and they end up pushing your buttons, literally, but praise be to God that He has surrounded you with men who, despite all your faults, still choose to push your buttons up. That is a blessing few have, cherish it.

    By Blogger Matt Foster, at 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home